“Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving.” – Amy Grant
Are you going to be hosting your family’s Thanksgiving this year? It’s never too early to start preparations, so here are a few things you can start to consider. Just think of them as advice from your favorite Massachusetts insurance agents!
- Start working on your guest list and planning what dishes will be a part of your meal.
- Account for any guests with food allergies or special dietary needs.
- Review food safety tips to avoid food borne illnesses.
- Make sure that your frozen turkey has enough time to thaw in the fridge or a cold-water bath.
- Prepare some foods ahead of time to relieve some Thanksgiving Day stress.
- Ensure that your home is free of tripping hazards to prevent a home insurance claim.
- Have entertainment ready, including festive music, football, and Thanksgiving activities and games.
- Make cleanup a breeze by soaking dishes as you perform other tasks.
In the end, remember that Thanksgiving is a holiday about togetherness and being grateful for what you have. If at the end of the day you have to order a pizza, it’s not the end of the world… it will be a great story for years to come!
If you need help with an insurance claim during the Thanksgiving holiday, call the Vargas and Vargas Insurance 24/7 emergency line at 617-322-5289. And, as always, you can call us at 617-298-0655 during regular business hours with your insurance questions or to get a free insurance quote.