Like it or not, it’s just going to get colder from here. We know that many of our customers are seasoned New Englanders who have driven in the snow and cold year after year, but it’s never a bad idea to brush up on safety! When you have to hit the road this winter, make sure that you keep yourself (and your passengers) safe by following these suggestions:
- Never allow your car to warm up or run in an enclosed space, like a closed garage.
- Ensure that your tires are properly inflated according to your manufacturer’s instruction.
- Make sure that your gas tank is always more than half full in case of an emergency.
- If your car gets buried in snow, take the time to clear it off completely before driving.
- Never use hot water to de-ice your windshield.
- Never use cruise control when driving on a slick surface.
- When roads are snowy, accelerate and decelerate slowly to maintain traction.
- Increase your follow distance when the roads are slippery.
- If conditions get bad, don’t drive unless absolutely necessary.
- Make sure that your car’s emergency kit is fully stocked at all times.
For more winter survival tips, stay tuned to our blog! And remember, it only takes a few minutes to get an auto insurance quote from your favorite local insurance agency! Your agent can ensure that you are getting all of the discounts for which you qualify, as well as ensuring that you have all of the coverage that you and your vehicle require.
Hopefully, this will help you If you fins yourself in a bad situation, or if you would like to speak with a Massachusetts insurance expert from Vargas and Vargas Insurance Agency, just call 617-298-0655. We will be happy to help you understand your automobile, homeowners, and business insurance coverage options, and select the plan that’s best for your unique needs.