If you are in the market for an auto insurance policy, it is important to make sure that you (or your Vargas and Vargas Insurance agent) search many different insurance providers for the best value at the best price. It is very likely that each auto insurance provider will request that you pay a slightly different premium.
When you receive a car insurance quote, it may seem like the insurance provider is pulling a number out of thin air. In fact, your quote is the compilation of an abundance of information about you, which typically can include:
- Your age
- Your gender
- Your marital status
- The area where you live
- Your credit score
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle you drive
- Your cumulative driving record
- Any previous auto insurance claims
Most of these factors are obvious factors for determining an auto insurance premium, such as your driving record and your vehicle type. Why insurance providers use some of these factors, though, may not seem quite as apparent.
For example, it is a well known fact that male drivers pay more to insure their automobiles than female drivers. Have you ever wondered why exactly this is? Most people will attribute this to men’s increased recklessness. While this may be correct overall, there have been many studies over the years that statistically show that men are more of a liability on the road.
Some of these statistics and facts include:
- Men tend to drive more often than women. More time on the road means more chances to get into an accident!
- Along the same lines, there are more men with a drivers licenses than women.
- Men receive far more speeding tickets than their female counterparts.
- Men are cited for reckless driving 3.4 times more than women are.
- Fatal accidents involve male drivers 2.5 times more often than they involve female drivers.
- Men are two times more likely than women to drive with a suspended license.
- Women have been found to wear a seatbelt 27% more often than men.
- The ratio of men to women when DUIs where compared was over 2-to-1.
And these are just some of the gender-based driving statistics that we were able to find! After reading all of these facts and figures, it is easy to see why insurance providers choose to make men pay more for car insurance, don’t you think?
If you’re male, don’t fret! While you may not be able to do much about your gender, there are plenty of other factors in your auto insurance quote that you do have control over! Making sure that you are careful while driving, and own a safe car, can help lower your premium. Being married may also lower your auto insurance premium! However, we don’t recommend getting married just to save on your auto insurance – that strategy might just backfire on you!
Here at Vargas and Vargas Insurance, we want to make sure that you are receiving optimal car insurance for a great price – that’s why we will help you compare the premiums of many insurance providers!
To learn more about what you can do to lower your insurance premiums, stay tuned to our agency’s blog posts. We post lots of insurance tips and tricks that will help you be a smart insured and could save you money in the future!
Call 877-550-0025 today and speak with a knowledgeable agent to get the coverage you deserve at the right price for you.