As you know, I LOVE to start my week with positive words of wisdom. This week’s are:
“With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything.”
~ Antoine Griezmann
Last week I finished with creating a NUMBER ONE for you! To do this, you’ll want to clearly list your goal and your approach.
The approach is where we’ll find the ONE NUMBER.
If your goal is $120,000 a year in revenue, then your average monthly goal is $10,000 a month.
The number 10,000 the goal broken down to a more achievable number. 10,000 is not your ONE NUMBER.
Let’s break it down further.
If you sell houses or mortgages and on average, your commission is $2,500 per sale. That’s 4 houses or mortgages a month to hit your goal.
Note, 4 is not your ONE NUMBER either because this is a goal, not the approach.
- How much effort does it take to get to the closing table?
- What effort are you applying now to get to the closing table?
The answer to these questions is your ONE NUMBER.
If you know that face-to-face meetings will help to get to 4 sales per month, then the number of face-to-face meetings could be your ONE NUMBER.
* What’s your goal?
* What’s your approach?
* What kind of effort will it take you to get there?
Write it down.
● Approach ← this is where you derive your ONE NUMBER
● Effort Troubleshooting Your ONE NUMBER
There’s a huge likelihood that you won’t pick your ONE NUMBER correctly the first time.
Often times, we accidentally pick the goal number and mistake it for the approach number.
The Goal is the finish line. The approach is how we get there.
- Revenue is a goal
- The number of homes sold in a set period of time
- Making 150 calls to get referral partners is the goal.
- Getting face to face with houses or mortgages buyers is the goal.
- Getting to the top of the mountain
- Learning the best path to the top of the mountain
The ONE NUMBER is how you get there.
This may take a little work, but this is important as you set out to achieve your goal.
The secret of priority management is working on the tasks that move the goal forward.
It’s not about getting stuff done. It’s about getting the RIGHT stuff done.
Pick your ONE NUMBER, even if you change it in a week or two later. It’s important.
Let’s apply this to marketing. Next week!