Have you ever looked at your car’s gas gauge only to realize that it’s time for another fill-up? That glum feeling of needing to refuel doesn’t happen to just you – many people think that they spend more than they should on gas. If you’re looking to get the most of your fill-ups, use these tips:
- Take more efficient trips – instead of going out several times in a week to run errands, try to combine your trips so that you’re travelling fewer miles and using less gasoline.
- Maintain proper tire inflation – your car will be able to use its fuel more efficiently if its tires are inflated to the manufacturer’s recommended PSI.
- Keep your car tuned – engine tune-ups can ensure that your car runs at its best and therefore uses less fuel.
- Don’t carry excess weight – every extra few pounds in your car will mean your car uses more gas to accelerate and maintain speed, so decluttering your car could save more than your sanity.
- Use good driving habits – aggressive driving has been proven to waste gasoline. This means that defensive drivers could spend less at the pump. In addition, avoiding rapid acceleration and not speeding can further improve your gas mileage.
To save even more, call Vargas and Vargas Insurance Agency for an auto insurance review! One quick and painless call to 617-298-0655 could save you money on your Massachusetts car insurance premiums. We will also check to ensure that you are getting all of the discounts that you deserve. Don’t put it off any longer – call now!