The end of the year is quickly approaching, and for many people that means it’s time to start shopping. Whether you need presents or hostess gifts, you’re going to have a lot of options of where to shop this holiday season. Instead of going to a big box store or ordering online, try shopping at local small businesses! There are many amazing small businesses in our area, and supporting local small businesses has lots of benefits:
- Encourages local character by promoting individuality
- Increases community involvement and well-being
- Keeps wealth local and encourages local prosperity
- Boosts the local economy with more jobs and better wages
- Fuels entrepreneurship and innovation in the community
- Helps sustain the environment and reduce pollution by reducing sprawl
In addition to helping the community, you may find that you benefit personally from doing your shopping at smaller establishments. You will find more unique items than at larger retailers, and you will often receive more personalized and more attentive customer service while at smaller businesses.
If you want to take your support of small businesses to the next level, shop locally for the ingredients to your holiday meals! You can find great local produce around the Greater Boston area, and it will be fresher than what you get at the grocery store.
And one more thing – if you need insurance, you can get the same benefits that are listed above by shopping locally. Ask us for more information about why getting insurance from a local independent insurance agency is the way to go. We can help you with your Massachusetts automobile, homeowners, business and life insurance.